Monday, March 12, 2012

Another Oldie - Paddy - Sorry I am Sold



Paddy has been living in my cabinet since 2006 and is an award winning bear, taking out the "Sydney Bear Professional" category at the 2006 Sydney Teddy Bear Fair.Paddy and Hudson were my 2 entries in this competiton in different categories.

He is a bit different though, he is not my pattern design, he was part of a competition where each entry was to be created from the exact same pattern and finished off using your own techniques and skills. ( The name of the artist eludes me at the moment, but I will give credit to the pattern designer on a special adoption certificate that will accompany him )

I created this little guy in the St Patricks day theme and have decided to offer him 6 years later for St Patricks day this year. He is approx 29cm ( 11.5 inches ) standing ( without hat ), but is designed to sit. He is created from hand dyed alpaca with extensive needle felted details, gold/beige glass eyes and is five way jointed.Being an older style bear, he does not have as much detail as my needle felted pieces these days, but still has the signature Russell Bears look.

He will come complete with his original swing tag, wooden teddy hang tag and medallion awarded for winning his category. His D.O.B is 2nd February, 2006. Payment Plans are available, please CONTACT ME for details.

3 comments:

  1. Paddy is terrific. I love the expression on his face.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love him. I can see the pattern is not your, the head and the legs sit a little different, but no mistaking him, he has your style written all over him. Great face, great bear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much to both of you, he was a favorite of mine too, my early days in needle felting!!

    ReplyDelete